Malthouse is the Erastus Otis Haven Professor and a research fellow at the Media Management Center, a partnership between Medill and Kellogg. He is also the research director of the Medill IMC Spiegel Research Center.
His research interests center on media marketing, database marketing, advertising, new media and integrated marketing communications. He develops statistical models and applies them to large data sets of consumer information to help managers make marketing decisions. Malthouse is also currently the co-editor of “Medill on Media Engagement.” He was the co-editor of the Journal of Interactive Marketing from 2005-2011. His professional experience includes software engineering for AT&T Laboratories, corporate analytics training for Accenture, BNSF, Digitas, Nuoqi and Capital One, and developing segmentations for Cohorts and Financial Cohorts and Motorola.
For more information, view Malthouse's curriculum vitae.
- 2017 Best presentation, ESOMAR Big Data Conference
- 2017 Journal of Marketing Management, Best paper of the year
- 2017 Marketing EDGE Education Award to Spiegel Center
- 2016 Journal of Advertising Research, Best paper of the year
- 2014,15 Journal of Service Management, Outstanding paper of the year
- 2014 IMC Teacher of the Year
- 2012 Best paper for his publication in “Academy of Indian Marketing”
- 2010 IMC Teacher of the Year
- 2009 Walter Award for Research Excellence, Northwestern University
- 2008 Robert B. Clarke Outstanding Educator Award, Direct Marketing Educational Foundation
- 2007 Don Kuhn Non-profit Research Grant
- 2006 15 Best paper of the year in Journal of Interactive Marketing
- 1989 Rotary International Postgraduate Scholar